It has to be done. The Holidays are over and I’m taking a half hour to clean out my fridge. Here’s how:
Maeve’s Five Steps to a Fresh Fridge:
1. Expiration Date: If it is past its prime toss it. Especially condiments. They may look ok, but…
2. Clean with a mixture of vinegar and water. Use a fresh sponge. Remember, this is where your food lives. Treat it with respect.
3. Store food by frequency of use. Is milk a mainstay in your household? Give a home front and center. Use soy sauce only once a month? Put it on your door’s lowest shelf.
4. Wipe down the front and sides of your fridge. Remove sticky fingerprints, stains and residues.
5. Place an open box of baking soda inside your fridge to soak up smells and replace every three months. Mark today’s date on the box so you don’t forget.
Now go stock up on fresh foods! And don’t forget to feed your pet.